Dr. Jerome Edelstein Is One of Canada's Leading Breast and Body Contouring Plastic Surgeons
After completing his surgical internship at the Toronto General Hospital, Dr. Edelstein then went on to Plastic Surgery training at the University of Toronto for five years. In 1997, he received certification as a Plastic Surgeon. With a keen interest in aesthetic medicine, Dr. Edelstein pursued additional sub-specialty education in Cosmetic Surgery, training with one of the most acclaimed Plastic Surgeons in the world. His goal is to help you achieve superior results by focusing exclusively on enhancement of the breasts and body. This "super specialization" enables Dr. Edelstein to further develop his technique to an elite level.
Fashion Magazine recognized Dr. Edelstein as a “Top Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto”, specifically because of his ability to achieve natural looking results from breast augmentation.
Dr. Edelstein is one of Canada's leading Plastic Cosmetic Surgeons because of the following reasons:
- Dr. Edelstein is Head of the Division of Plastic Surgery at the Humber River Regional Hospital (HRRH), one of the largest divisions of Plastic Surgery in Canada, with nine active Plastic Surgeons on staff. In 2011, Dr. Edelstein oversaw the completion of 4779 Plastic Surgery procedures at HRRH and performed a large number of these himself. This means that in his professional career, Dr. Edelstein has gained experience from tens of thousands of surgeries, under his hospice as Division Head and having performed them directly.
At Edelstein Cosmetic, Dr. Edelstein performs all of the surgical body contouring procedures himself.
- Dr. Edelstein is an active member of the American Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Canadian Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons and the International Confederation of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery. As a member of these prominent medical organizations, he is dedicated to the advancement of the field through education, advocacy and legislation to protect you, the patient.
- As an indication of his commitment to remain at the forefront of the medical field, Dr. Edelstein has been a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) since 1997. He participates in the annual Maintenance of Certification Program held by the RCPSC that supports lifelong learning.
- Dr. Edelstein is in good standing with The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO). Based on his professional abilities as a Plastic Surgeon, he was selected to be a panel member for the Quality Assurance Committee at the CPSO. In addition to writing case opinions, he acts as a preceptor for other plastic surgeons who are having their practices assessed by the College for regulatory compliance.
- Dr. Edelstein has conducted research that has been published in Canadian and International peer reviewed Plastic Surgery journals. His research includes a range of topics from Lightning Injury to a review of Liposuction, the Syringe Technique.
- As a respected medical professional, Dr. Edelstein regularly lectures on cosmetic surgery topics, has appeared on television, and is quoted in newspapers and magazines.
Just a few examples include Global News, the Globe and Mail newspaper and The Sun. In addition, Dr. Edelstein is currently a Medical Advisor for Elevate, the most established magazine in Canada devoted to cosmetic medicine.
- Cosmetic Surgery is a medical science that is constantly evolving, with progressive techniques, sophisticated technology and exciting new ideas. Dr. Edelstein participates in annual Plastic Surgery symposiums and conferences to ensure his surgical methods and techniques are the safest and most effective for his patients.
- Dr. Edelstein is well versed in a variety of techniques, allowing him to tailor solutions to your particular needs. He attempts to bring together excellent training and experience, artistic knowledge and an enthusiastic personality to make your Plastic Surgery experience both satisfying and safe.
- Because of his professional excellence and commitment to aesthetic medicine, Dr. Edelstein has been selected by Allergan, the makers of BOTOX® and Inspira breast implants, to be one of their trusted Medical Advisors.
Dr. Edelstein treats every patient with safety, comfort, and satisfaction as his utmost priority at his Toronto Plastic Surgery clinic. He considers every procedure to be important and wants you to feel comfortable, secure and well informed before proceeding with your procedure. You will never feel rushed during a consultation. Dr. Edelstein takes the time to understand your individual goals and expectations.
You will receive an honest opinion about what the procedure can do for you, without unwarranted exaggeration. If he feels that your expectations won't be met, he will let you know and advise you on your best course of action. In some cases, a more suitable solution will be provided.
With your choice of a private Toronto surgery facility or the Humber River Regional Hospital, you can expect personalized attention, conscientious treatment and the comfort of knowing you are being treated by a reputable Plastic Surgeon who is respected by both his peers and leagues of highly satisfied patients.
Dr. Jerome Edelstein is an active member of the American Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), Canadian Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS), Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS) and the International Confederation of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery (ICPRAS). He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPSC) as well as is in good standing with The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
What His Patients Say
Dear Dr. Edelstein
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I now look as good on the outside as I feel on the inside! Thanks for making the process easy & comfortable.
To Whom It May Concern,
Thank-you for gracing my journey with this exciting opportunity of spiritual, physical, and emotional reconstruction and progression.
Thank-you for helping me find a doctor who is as gifted, kind, and open hearted as Dr. Edelstein. May you guide his hands in thoughtful artistry and provide him with the energy and inspiration that he needs to work well. As it was the last time, may his sincerity and kindness be reflected in his work, and may his positive energy contribute to a successful process and progress before, during, and after surgery. May his genuine light and good nature inspire his staff to be as gentle, courteous, and courageous as he is, and may his verbal and non-verbal guidance calm my n'shama as he actively guides me through this special time in my life. May Dr. Edelstein feel my true appreciation for all that he has done, and all that he will do. May he absorb my thanks and my light in his efforts to give, help, and aid me on my journey.
Thank-you for finding Dr. Edelstein a hospital that excudes optimism, success, and provides him with a generous, hard working, interdisciplinary team of professionals.
Thank-you to each individual who is and will be contributing to my positive outcome and delicate process.
Thank-you for providing me with the means and connections that connected me with Dr. Edelstein, and may he feel the same sense of respect, honour, and pride from me, that he so easily hands over to each and every patient with whom he assists.
Please keep us safe and guide us well.
I chose Dr Edelstein from a gut feeling and also because of his photos. I was looking for a natural appearance and judging from his photos he was doing exactly what I was hoping for. All I needed to do from there was confirm that our personalities would be complimentary. From the moment I met him I knew in my gut and heart that I had found the RIGHT doctor. What a doll. He is so sweet and kind. Someone I am sure I would choose as a friend under different circumstances. The best part about him is his sense of humour and kind demeanour. What a gentleman.
Dear Dr. Edelstein,
I just wanted to thank you on a job well done on my face. Let's just say, I've had bad previous experiences with plastic surgeons but you were great. Oh and you were right it does look beautiful!
Dear Dr. Edelstein,
Thank you for the wonderful care you have given me throughout my procedure. I appreciated the time you took to explain everything and made sure that all of my questions were answered. I was very nervous, but you made me feel at ease before, during, and after my surgery. It is obvious that you truly enjoy what you do by the way you care for your patients. Thank you again for making the treatment such a positive experience.
Out of the Office
Out of the office, you'll find Dr. Edelstein fulfilling his role as a loving husband and father. His greatest passion is traveling and exploring the world with his wife and daughter.
When he's in his hometown of Toronto, he maintains a healthy work-life balance by weight training, jogging and biking. The world of transformative aesthetic medicine is as much an art as it is a science. For this reason, Dr. Edelstein maintains a rooted connection to the arts, both as a photo enthusiast and avid pianist with formal training from the Royal Conservatory of Music.
Giving Back to the Community
In his professional and personal life, Dr. Edelstein has seen first hand the great work done by charitable organizations. As a way of giving back to not just Toronto, but also the global community, here are just a few charities that he supports:
Humber River Regional Hospital - The First Fully Digital Hospital on the continent!
In 2015, our city will be home to North America's first fully digital hospital. As Head of the Department of Plastic Surgery at Humber River Regional Hospital, Dr. Edelstein is committed to the construction of this new facility. It's set to revolutionize healthcare!
Hospital for Sick Children
Dr. Edelstein has sponsored and participated in Evan's Dream events, in support of creating a waiting room where pediatric cancer patients can play games, have fun, and escape their illness for a while before their treatment.
Zareinu Educational Centre
Zareinu Educational Centre is a day school and treatment centre for children with physical and developmental disabilities. Dr. Edelstein is a sponsor and participant in the annual fashion show and moveathon.
Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation estimates that 23,400 women and 190 men were diagnosed with this disease last year alone. As a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon who routinely performs breast reconstruction following breast cancer, Dr. Edelstein is sponsor of the CIBC Run for the Cure.
Simon Wiesenthal Centre
Dr. Edelstein is a member of Doctors 4 Wiesenthal, an organization that promotes tolerance, justice and human rights for all. He is a sponsor and participant in a number of events, including the annual Spirit of Hope Benefit.
Dr. Edelstein is a sponsor of a hockey team in the Pro-Am for Alzheimers, raising funds by offering amateur hockey players the chance to play with NHL alumni.
Warning: include(../includes/certifications.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /u/e/edelstein/www.edelsteincosmetic.com/about/plastic-surgeon-toronto.php on line 175
Warning: include(): Failed opening '../includes/certifications.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /u/e/edelstein/www.edelsteincosmetic.com/about/plastic-surgeon-toronto.php on line 175